Invisalign is the invisible way to straighten your teeth without metal brackets or braces. Dr. Edwards is a certified Invisalign provider. Our office uses Itero Digital Imaging to both make impressions of your teeth and to visualize the expected results with special software.
- Invisalign uses a series of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
- The aligners are made through a combination of Dr. Edwards’ expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position Dr. Edwards has prescribed.
- You’ll visit Dr. Edwards about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 – 15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
With Itero digital imaging you can see the results at your consultation!
- Dr. Edwards utilizes Itero digital scanning to make a 3D computer model of your teeth. This eliminates time consuming, stressful and messy impressions. A great benefit.of digital impressions is that they can immediately be accessed by the computer to generate a series of animated images that visually demonstrate how the Invisalign clear aligners can straighten your teeth!
For information on Invisalign, please visit www.invisalign.com.